From: Rabi Shanker Guha <guha.rabishankar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] netifrc on Systemd: Weekly Report #3
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 03:30:11
1 Hello,
2
3 First of all sorry for the delay in sending this. I was moving from home to
4 college and therefore
5 had some pending work to complete which prevented me from spending the
6 usual time that I do
7 on working on this project.
8
9 Update:
10 1. I have set up the various VMs which will be required to test the project
11 - Gentoo Stable
12 - Gentoo Unstable
13 - Gentoo with Systemd
14 - Gentoo Unstable with Systemd
15 - Archlinux
16 Setting up systemd helped me better understand systemd itself, especially
17 unit files and their handling.
18 During this I also had to to look into netctl (the archlinux project to
19 manage network connections)
20 which has many similarities to my current work
21
22 2. Right now I'm looking into understanding the semantics of marking
23 services and understanding its
24 effect. Although the implementation of the corresponding functions is
25 rather straightforward, the implication is not so.
26
27 Please consider this as my last week's report. Ill be sending this week's
28 report by this weekend
29 --
30 Regards,
31 Rabi