From: Devan Franchini <oot153@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [Report 13] layman improvements
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 20:22:23
1 Hello all,
2
3 This (last) week, the following has been accomplished:
4
5 1.) All previous pull-requests have been pulled:
6 - This includes the following features:
7 * layman-overlay-maker utility script.
8 * layman-mounter utility.
9 * Squashfs overlay support.
10 * Portage Sync Plug-in.
11 * Modular overlay types.
12 * etc.
13 2.) Documentation changes:
14 - In preparation for a new release, layman's
15 version, layman,cfg, and man pages have
16 all been changed to reflect the newest
17 improvements to layman.
18 3.) G-Common overlay support removed:
19 - It was discussed with the #gentoo-science
20 community that g-common was no longer
21 in use. So in favor of having it's successor,
22 g-sorcery supported, we removed the un-used
23 overlay type.
24 4.) Modular configuration types:
25 - Aside from the make.conf and repos.conf
26 repo configuration files, the modular plug-in
27 system has been implemented to allow users
28 to add more repo config options by simply adding
29 the config plug-in to the config_modules dir in layman's
30 codebase locally.
31 - This also allows for maintaining the config types more
32 simple.
33 5.) Code Refining:
34 - The layman-9999 ebuild has been modified to reflect
35 the improvements to layman and allow users to test
36 the current features before it becomes a new release.
37 - Some things have been changed to remove found bugs
38 reported by users running the live ebuild.
39
40 It's been an absolute pleasure working on this project over the course of
41 the program and I personally am extremely pleased with how it turned out.
42
43 I look forward to lending my hand with layman in the future as well so I can
44 further contribute to the awesome Gentoo community.
45
46 With regards,
47 Devan Franchini