From: Robert <seatonr@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Project Glentoo: Week #1 Status Report
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 01:21:29
1 Hi, all!
2
3 I'm working on Project Glentoo, a liveCD that will tie together a
4 Gentoo base system with a Plan 9 inspired userspace. I am happy to
5 report that Project Glentoo is ahead of schedule.
6
7 Completed this week:
8 * Set up repo for Glentoo build files at https://github.com/robertseaton/glentoo
9 * Wrote a README for Project Glentoo to tell people about the project
10 * Set up 'glentoo-overlay', available at
11 https://github.com/robertseaton/glentoo-overlay
12 * Added a plan9port ebuild to the overlay and updated it for Glentoo's needs.
13 * Added a glendix-sources ebuild to the overlay.
14 * Wrote spec files for stage1, stage2, and stage3.
15 * Added kernel configurations for the liveCD.
16 * Preliminary work on spec files for stage1-livecd and stage2-livecd.
17 * Successfully generated stage1, stage2, stage3, and stage1-livecd tarballs.
18
19 Goals for the upcoming week:
20 * Tidy up the glendix-sources ebuild.
21 * Open bug report to get the glendix-sources ebuild into the Portage tree
22 * Successfully generate a liveCD with the glendix-sources kernel and
23 plan9port files.
24 * Work on stage1-livecd and stage2-livecd spec files.
25 * Depending on how long those things take, begin writing ebuilds for
26 programs that depend on the Glendix patched kernel.
27
28 Cheers,
29 Robert