From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Time to start posting progress updates
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:19:01
1 Hey guys,
2
3 I hope you're really digging into your projects at this point! Now that
4 you've had a couple of weeks to get started, it's time to begin keeping
5 the community informed about how things are going. For this year's GSoC,
6 that will take the form of a weekly email updating everyone on your
7 progress.
8
9 Your updates should go to the mailing list that is most relevant to your
10 project, and the gentoo-dev list if there isn't one more specific. We
11 want you to really be part of the broader Gentoo community, which is why
12 you'll be posting your updates to the standard lists instead of some
13 GSoC-specific place like this list.
14
15 I'd like to see your first updates by the end of this week, with an
16 additional update each week until the end of the summer. Your mentors
17 will follow up with each of you about this, and they can help with any
18 more questions you have (and direct any unclear ones to me).
19
20 This doesn't need to be a long essay; the point is to show people what
21 you're up to, get them excited in your project, and get them excited
22 about you. You'll probably want to post a link back to your project's
23 description in each update so people who haven't been following along
24 can catch up.
25
26 I look forward to reading the first set of updates!
29 Thanks,
30 Donnie
31
32 Donnie Berkholz