From: Robert Seaton <seatonr@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Plan 9 From Gentoo: Weekly Status Report #6
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 17:45:28
1 Hi, all.
2
3 Plan 9 From Gentoo (formerly known as Glentoo) is a GSoC project to
4 combine a Plan 9-inspired userspace with a Linux kernel.
5
6 This week I integrated the Firefox web browser, the Go language
7 environment, and the rc shell and generated a new liveCD build. This
8 week's progress is pretty self-explanatory.
9
10 I also took time this week to talk to my mentor, Anant, about the
11 direction I should take moving forward. Further, I have started a
12 discussion on the 9fans mailing list about features that the community
13 would like to see included in Plan 9 From Gentoo.
14
15 For this upcoming week, I plan on figuring out a way to get the Acme
16 editor to boot on start up. Acme will contain an introductory message
17 to introduce people to Plan 9 From Gentoo. Once that has been
18 accomplished, I am going to work on rebasing the Glendix patches onto
19 a newer kernel version. I'm not sure how long that will take. After
20 that is complete, I plan on porting more syscalls from Plan 9 to Linux
21 to be included in the Glendix patch set. The goal is to port the
22 necessary syscalls to get a basic text editor from Plan 9 up and
23 running on top of a Linux kernel.