From: Pavlos Ratis <dastergon@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] identity.gentoo.org: report #7
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 18:27:03
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I am working on Gentoo Identity, an LDAP web UI that aims to be a
4 general-usage application that will allow users - developers - recruiters -
5 administrators to configure their attributes easily from Gentoo's LDAP
6 server.
7
8 This week, I implemented a secondary password to the application. This is a
9 temporary password that is stored encrypted in the session and in LDAP.
10 This password improves user experience and allows user to browse Identity
11 without submitting password all time. Also, I did some extra profiling on
12 template rendering times using django-debug-toolbar and a 3rd party
13 panel[1].
14
15 My plans for the next week are to start working on caching along with
16 mgorny and develop a caching plan. I'll also enable secondary password to
17 profile page and user settings. Finally, I'll migrate Identity's template
18 engine from Django's built-in engine to Jinja2.
19
20 [1] Template Timings Panel:
21 https://github.com/orf/django-debug-toolbar-template-timings
22