From: Kasun Gajasinghe <kasunbg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: kiorky <kiorky@××××××××××.net>, Serkan Kaba <serkan@g.o>, Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo Maven Integration - Weekly Report #7
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:23:51
1 Hi all,
2 -----------------Goal-----------------
3 The goal of this project is to be easily able to write ebuilds for
4 upstream projects that use Apache Maven as the build system. The Maven
5 integration allows to natively use Apache Maven in Java packages in
6 the main tree. The current system work around the support for Maven
7 projects by transforming them to Ant. It generates build.xml via “mvn
8 ant:ant” command and sanitizes that. This conversion too has some
9 problems and needs to fixed. With this project, developers gains the
10 ability to use native Maven support for writing ebuilds and will get
11 full support for using maven-to-ant feature.
12
13 -----------------Progress-----------------
14
15 As I noted in the last report, the milestone for the mid-term is
16 complete. So, I'm on schedule of the project if not a little ahead of
17 it.
18 Last week has been spent mainly on quality testing and fixing the
19 small glitches I found on the way of the emerging of outcome,
20 maven-from-source. sera and my mentor, kiorky helped much on quality
21 testing.
22 I've already started the work on next milestone. that is, working on
23 the native part of the eclass. One of the main task in it is to
24 continue the pom rewriting feature. Pom rewriting happens by the maven
25 helpers in the package javatoolkit. It turned out that it wasn't that
26 much hard. I have added the vital functionalities. Further needed
27 changes will be decided along the course of the project.
28
29 -----------------Next-----------------
30
31 Next term is to finish up the native part of the eclass to support the
32 ebuilds of maven based projects. Along with that, I need to rewrite
33 the maven plugins ebuilds to conform to the newly written eclass. In
34 the last meeting with the mentor, we have decided to use our eclass to
35 build the plugins instead of work arounding by converting them to a
36 ant project. This to be done after verifying that maven itself doesn't
37 depend on the core plugins.
38
39 Regards,
40 --Kasun