From: Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@×××××××.li>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Configuration managment system
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:41:26
1 On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 16:36, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 26-03-2009 11:31:59 -0400, Caleb Cushing wrote:
3 >> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
4 >> > Sorry, this looks like I say git is getting outfashioned.  I meant to
5 >> > say that git seems to be today's fashion, like SVN was a while ago, and
6 >> > totally isn't any more today.
7 >>
8 >> same thing that kinda happens to any software that becomes out of
9 >> fashion, when dispatch-conf was released people thought it was all the
10 >> rage around here. when something better replaces it then maybe we'll
11 >> have to write something better to replace this. software isn't meant
12 >> to have an eternal life-cycle. iptables appears like it will be
13 >> replaced with nftables. I'd like to welcome you to the IT industry,
14 >> things change around here ;). (yes I know. I'm an ass)
15 >
16 > That is a good reason why you would like to be able to replace just the
17 > engine of this shiny new car :)
18
19 speaking of 'car' that's one thing that won't go out of fashion :-)
20 You may call it first, but is still car...