From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo has a mentoring organization for GSoC 2010
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 03:58:49
1 On 19:31 Mon 08 Mar , volkmar@g.o wrote:
2 > I would like to know if something has been planned for subscribing
3 > Gentoo has a mentoring organization for this Google Summer of Code. The
4 > subscriptions are now open and we have 4 days (until March 12th) to
5 > add Gentoo has an organisation.
6 > Donnie, are you going to do it this year again or someone has to be the
7 > administrator ?
8
9 Yep. I was going to post tonight on this very topic but I see that you
10 and Sebastian have beaten me to it! As Sebastian noticed, I have already
11 updated the ideas list on the wiki to reflect this year's program
12 (2010). I also updated all of the GSoC webpages on our website.
13
14 Our application will generally be quite similar to last year's
15 application with a slight update to note our outstanding results from
16 2009. On March 18, we will know whether we're in for GSoC 2010.
17
18 If you're interested in helping out at this point, please add your ideas
19 to the list on the wiki [1]. That will help support our application as
20 well as allow for student projects that more directly address what you
21 think Gentoo needs. If you don't propose your cool idea, chances are
22 nobody else will come up with it for you, so it won't happen.
23
24 1. http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2010_ideas
27 Thanks,
28 Donnie