From: Mounir Lamouri <volkmar@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] [SoC 2009] End of SoC 2009: Gentoo/NetBSD project final report
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:02:31
1 Patrice Clement wrote:
2 > - Gentoo/NetBSD ebuilds: as I said, these ebuilds need to be polished, reworked
3 > and
4 > tested. I didn't get a lot of feedbacks on them so please, be soft with me.
5 > :P
6 > - gentoo-netbsd-5.0-stage3.tar.bz2: the famous tarball in question. I'll write
7 > a little wiki to explain installation steps but it should be very easy:
8 > perform
9 > a minimal NetBSD install, download the tarball, extract, and enjoy !
10 > - QEMU VM image: for people who don't want to mess with the install, an image
11 > will be available. I really need to wait for Google to give us a place to
12 > upload our stuff because of the size of the VM (3 GB). Please, be patient. I'm
13 > sorry but currently, I don't have enough place on my VPS. (perhaps Gentoo guys
14 > can provide me some .. ? :D)
15 >
16 Hi Patrice,
17
18 You should send an email to g-dev and see with infra and other
19 developers how to make this work public like adding the ebuilds to the
20 tree and the tarball to our mirrors.
21 I'm sure you are going to sign as a developer to do that yourself ;)
22
23 Congratulation for your work.
24
25 Mounir