From: Eitan Mosenkis <eitan@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC-status] Tree-wide collision checking and files database
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:28:31
1 I wonder... if you're going to be churning out a bunch of binpkgs, my
2 project (web-based system image generator) could almost certainly put
3 them to use. As for USE flags, perhaps try enabling all flags -
4 you'll never be able to do every combination of flags or every
5 individual flag on and turning them all on would be a quick and dirty
6 guess at how to end up with the largest set of files, which is what
7 you want for collision checking. You could also try having two builds
8 - one with all set and one with none set, which would probably get you
9 a few files in the list that you'd miss otherwise. Still, you'll
10 probably run into occasional problems with packages where portage will
11 tell you you have to change your USE flags to make something install.
12