From: Mykyta Holubakha <hilobakho@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] pomu weekly report for week #6
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 15:32:57
1 This is the weekly report for the week of 03-09.07.
2
3 While it has been cut off a bit earlier than I planned, it's
4 nonetheless been a very fruitful week. It has been marked by the work
5 on project foundations: support for patching ebuilds (adding/merging
6 patches, inferring them from user-name changes etc.). While I wasn't
7 able to complete it (or even complete as much as I've planned) as
8 careful consideration made me discover a lot of tricky nuances, which
9 require very thorough planning and a coherent design (hidden design
10 issues cause a lot of problems later on). I've implemented adding
11 patches to packages in the repository. Additionally, I've been working
12 on integrating user-made changes (of which there are several types
13 which should be treated differently). All this is just a few first
14 steps for one of the project's milestones: updating/integrating
15 changes/etc... for the packages of different sources (some more steps
16 are to be reached before this is completed) (some details on the
17 aformentioned can be found in the wiki).
18
19 As always, the few conversations I had with my mentor helped me feel
20 sure that I'm on track, and my ideas are sound.
21
22 Plans for the coming week:
23 1) a new backend: fetch packages from URLs
24 2) write a utility library/helper to fetch plaintexts from various
25 pastebin services (some services do not trivially allow that,
26 unfortunately)
27 3) continue the work on patching/changes integration
28 4) assess the feedback received earlier
29
30 This weeks commits:
31 - Further work on patching
32 fixed some commands with patching
33 started work on integrating user changes
34 generation of patches and commit messages
35 added get_packages() method to Repository
36 allow adding non-existant (in-memory) patches to packages
37
38 - Overhauled patching support
39 dropped patch package source module
40 added --patch option to the install command
41 added a patch command to patch an existing package
42 integrated patch support into the Package class
43 created a MergedPackage module for operations on packages already in the
44 pomu repo
45 added ways to patch an existing package
46 added a base package source module (template), with base classes for
47 package-specific metadata and the source module per se
48 added a list_add utility function
49 implemented and_, and_then, and or in util.result
50
51 - Added __init__.py files to packages
52 They are required by setuptools
53
54 - patch package source module
55 patch application in packages