From: "Domen Kožar" <domen@×××.si>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSOC weekly report #9 and #10: g-pypi
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 08:04:08
1 Blog post:
2 http://www.fubar.si/2010/8/4/gpypi2-google-summer-of-code-week-9-and-10
5 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
6 Plaintext version:
7
8 Greetings, following is the weekly update for gpypi2 project. It's main
9 purpose is to generate ebuilds from Python Package Index. Quick links to
10 project info:
11
12 Repository, issue tracker: http://bitbucket.org/iElectric/g-pypi2
13 Hudson CI instance: http://hudson.fubar.si/job/g-pypi2/
14 Sphinx documentation generated by hudson on each commit:
15 http://docs.fubar.si/gpypi2/
16
17 GPyPi now supports building ebuilds directly from Python packages. It's
18 tied into distutils:
19
20 python setup.py sdist_ebuild
21
22 Configuration is not as verbose as through pypi, but that is a subject
23 to change.
24
25 ======================================================================
26 Previous 2 weeks (19th July - 4th August)
27 ======================================================================
28
29 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
30 Task: fix TODOs in the code
31
32 > Code currently has about 60 TODOs that need to be address for a better
33 > codebase.
34
35 Most important ones are cleaned. Some of highlights:
36
37 * echo command does not use overlay anymore for storing temporary ebuild
38 but /tmp/
39 * conditional use flags are used properly now
40 * remember configuration values given by interactive questionnaire
41 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
42
43 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
44 Task: Implement "python setup.py bdist_ebuild" command
45
46 > I'll peek into distutils heart and implement most basic bdist command
47 > to output an ebuild.
48 > I will basically the same stuff we currently do,
49 > except it will parse data from setup.py itself and not through pypi.
50
51 Done. When gpypi2 is called the first time it installs support for
52 distutils command.
53 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
54
55 ======================================================================
56 Upcoming week (4th - 11th August)
57 ======================================================================
58
59 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
60 Task: metadata, echangelog and manifest generation
61 In the last week of implementing features I will add support for Gentoo
62 developers workflow.
63
64 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
65 Task: Atomic actions
66 Currently if anything fails in the process, data will lay around the
67 filesytem.
68 I'll implement most basic cleanup (rollback) on failures.
69
71 Task: Exceptions
72 Code currently uses a bit of exceptions and a bit of log.error.
73 I'll make that a bit structured and also document what exceptions are
74 raised in functions
75
77 Task: integration tests and documentation
78 Update documentation and write some integration tests.