From: darkdefende@×××××.com
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Ebuild generator week 10 update
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:02:32
1 Last week I worked some more on the autoconf problem that I'm having for
2 my ebuild generator.
3 I didn't get too far and got kinda stuck. So I instead went ahead and
4 Got my next milestone done:
5 Be able to figure out deps that is not installed on the system.
6
7 I did it with the help of pfl and their web interface. So now I can
8 check what package files belongs to that are not installed on the
9 system.
10 So far I've only done this for header files. But it shouldn't be hard to
11 have it check for other files also. And because of pfl I can also check
12 for what versions of the package that the files get's installed with.
13 So I can later create deps in ebuilds that specifies min/max package
14 version!
15
16 Because I have the pfl stuff implemented I think I can extend the
17 previous milestone that is autotools support. I hope I can say that I'm
18 still on schedule because of that.
19 If not autotools is a really essential feature for the ebuild generator
20 so I will not drop that to work on other stuff as the ebuild generator
21 would be quite useless then…
22
23 Because GSoC is comming to an end soon I think I will first solve the
24 autoconf problems that I'm having by trying to ignore/work around most
25 of the problematic stuff so it can at least generate an ebuild for
26 autotools projects. I really want to have atleast something working by
27 the end of this GSoC so I think I'll do a basic solution first then
28 improve it.