From: Pavlos Ratis <dastergon@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] identity.gentoo.org: report #3
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 18:51:13
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I am working on Gentoo Identity, an LDAP web UI that aims to be a
4 general-usage application that will allow users - developers -
5 recruiters - administrators to configure their attributes easily from
6 Gentoo's LDAP server.
7
8 This week, I worked with data retrieval from LDAP and I created an
9 object API for LDAP operations to kill redundant and repetitive code.
10 In the past few weeks I used anonymous LDAP operations to pull LDAP
11 data. Now with this API, Identity supports better and more correct
12 profile handling .
13
14 Plans for the following weeks are mainly the user settings which are a
15 very critical part of Identity. Also I am going to add Gravatar
16 support for mails and my mentor will also add a new attribute to LDAP
17 in order to track Foundation members instead of adding them manually.
18
19 Source code for Gentoo Identity: https://github.com/gentoo/identity.gentoo.org
20
21 Regards,