From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] gSoC add Multiple Repository support to sys-apps/portage
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:34:07
1 The basic idea is to be able to easily use overlays (without layman).
2 I believe this to be a pre-req to the "Cache Sync" idea listed on the
3 wiki.
4
5 each repo should be able to have a differently defined way of sync-ing
6 (within predefined standards), I think they should also be capable of
7 defining the way that Manifests are handled (I don't think git needs
8 more than distfile manifests, other vcs may be similar). Supported
9 repository types should include rsync, git, svn, hg, bzr, darcs, cvs.
10 each SYNC_METHOD should be isolated from the others in code so that
11 they can be improved/extended easily.
12
13 comments, additions welcome
14 --
15 Caleb Cushing