From: Liam McLoughlin <hexxeh@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoaster - Week 9 progress report
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 00:38:52
1 Hey guys,
2
3 Decent week productivity wise. Here's a rundown of what I've been
4 doing this week:
5
6 - Added keyboard layout support to the build tool (just need to do
7 layouts loading in the WebUI now and it's complete)
8 - Added support for USE flags, package USE, FEATURES and package
9 accept keywords to the WebUI
10 - Added a simultaneous builds configuration option (should a user be
11 allow to run two builds at once? basic request limiting)
12 - Fixed up the kernel configuration so that we actually have a
13 framebuffer device at last
14 - Fixed up the Fluxbox config and updated the Stage3/Portage downloads
15 (X can be launched now, works well)
16 - Added an XFCE config since Fluxbox is even more minimal than I
17 thought (includes Firefox, again, works very well)
18 - Made huge improvements to the PHP code, tidied up, moved to mysqli
19 with prepared statements, used filter_input with a custom filter for
20 shell arguments
21
22 So yeah, pretty good week. I'm coming to the end of parts of my
23 project that I actually planned in my proposal now, most of what there
24 is left to do is polish and make things look better. So here's the
25 plan for this week:
26
27 - Add the keyboard layout list support to the WebUI
28 - Look into localisation for the unwired language option on the WebUI
29 - Tidy up code for WebUI
30 - Improve look of WebUI
31 - AJAXify status bar on the WebUI
32 - Do more testing of the configurations, create more sample ones
33 - Figure out some way to do additional setup, things like xinitrc,
34 inside the wizard
35
36 After this week I'll pretty much be taking suggestions for ideas,
37 gonna try think of some more. There needs to be an easier way to
38 install and setup all of this, so that's one thing to do. Also, I
39 figure I could remove the Gearman dependancy fairly easily. It was a
40 nice crutch for getting things up and running but I'm not really
41 relying on much of it's functionality at this point other than it's
42 distributed functionality (which I haven't tested works with my code,
43 anyway). Lastly there needs to be some kind of initscript for the
44 daemon rather than just dropping it in a screen and leaving it.
45
46 Cheers,
47 Liam