From: Slava Bacherikov <slava@××××××××××××××.ua>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Improve packages.gentoo.org and integrate it with gentoostats
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 21:06:56
1 06.04.2012 18:22, Brian Dolbec пишет:
2 > On Fri, 2012-04-06 at 19:29 +0300, Slava Bacherikov wrote:
3 >> 06.04.2012 16:14, Corentin Chary пишет:
4 >>> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 3:14 AM, Slava Bacherikov
5 >>> <slava@××××××××××××××.ua> wrote:
6 >>>> Hi.
7 >>>>
8 >>>> I'm student from Vinntsia National University in Ukraine.
9 >>>>
10 >>>> I've using Gentoo for a long time.
11 >>>> I have expirience with PHP(Symphony, Yii),
12 >>>> Python(Django, Flask, PyGTK, PyQt old api), JavaScript (JQuery and
13 >>>> JQueryUI),
14 >>>> C/C++(GTK and glade, QT, glib).
15 >>>> I am new to GSOC.
16 >>>>
17 >>>>
18 >>>> I've want to suggest idea to improve functionality of
19 >>>> packages.gentoo.org and integrate it with gentoostats.
20 >>>> I'll wrote a draft of my proposal
21 >>>> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/slava/1
22 >>>> , may be you can add some comments to it.
23 >>>>
24 >>> Hi Slava,
25 >>> Since there are already multiple gentoostats proposal, and no
26 >>> packages.gentoo.org, maybe you should split your proposal.
27 >>> This way, even if yours is not taken for gentoostats, the
28 >>> packages.gentoo.org proposal still have a chance.
29 >>> Thanks,
30 >>>
31 >> Hi Corentin.
32 >> Maybe you're right, i think that if i split this proposals, i will have
33 >> more chances.
34 >> But i don't want do this. And want explain why.
35 >> In p.g.o I want get some statistics informations from site, users likes,
36 >> how many views package information and other things.
37 >> I think think develop these things separated from gentoostats not a good
38 >> idea.
39 >> My opinion is that p.g.o and gentoostats, doing very similar things.
40 >> They provide information about the packages, but one about the
41 >> statistics of their use and other metadata about it. It seems to me to
42 >> provide full information about the packages is much better on one site
43 >> than a few.
46 > Slava, a p.g.o project can still be done separate from the gentoostats
47 > project with some communication between the students and mentors. Whom
48 > will agree on the information that will be available and the format it
49 > will come as. It is also possible to work on the p.g.o information
50 > display with only temp data, that the gentoostats project will
51 > eventually provide.
52 >
53 > So please re-consider the split.
54 Ok i'm done it.