From: Auke Booij <auke@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Sort of "ondemand" mirror for distfiles
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:54:39
1 On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Reith Ameretat
2 <ameretat.reith@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 > I have not any professional project. i have projects in C/C++, PHP and
5 > Bash and i'm familiar with Python, but I'm afraid of cant complete a
6 > project; if i take a project and don't complete it, what happens? i
7 > lose somebody's chance?
8 > It is legal join Gentoo GSoC from counties that Google closed servers on it?
9 > excuse me if i am wrong place for this question.
10 >
11 > regards
12 > //sorry for my poor English
16 It's hard enough to finish a project *with* proper knowledge, maybe
17 you should wait a year. As for your questions:
18
19 -yes, you would be using a slot someone else won't be able to use
20 -see the gsoc faq for countries you cannot live in to join (i guess
21 china is one of them)