From: Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Ideas wanted!
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 17:16:04
1 On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 20:34 -0600, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Welcome back to this year's edition of the Google Summer of Code (GSoC)!
5 >
6 > As you know, GSoC has been a huge benefit to Gentoo by gaining us tons
7 > of new contributors as well as being a significant source of income for
8 > the Gentoo Foundation and lots of code for Gentoo as a whole.
9 >
10 > Our application is due in a couple of weeks (see FAQ [1]). The most
11 > important part of our application is getting lots of good project ideas.
12 > I've started a wiki page and put a few ideas on it.
13 >
14 > Please take a look at the ideas list [2], and add one new idea with
15 > enough info that someone could decide whether it sounds interesting and
16 > get in touch with you to expand it into a full application.
17 >
18 > If you don't have an idea, make it your duty to get one college student
19 > you know to apply to Gentoo in GSoC.
20 >
21 > Last year we couldn't even fill all the student slots we had available,
22 > in part because we didn't have enough ideas. We need your help! Please
23 > submit your idea by next Monday, March 7, so we can refine all the ideas
24 > for submission to Google.
27 > 1. http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/faqs
28 > 2. http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011_ideas
31 I've added one for porthole. I could add a second one as well for
32 restructuring porthole's backend and adding pkgcore as an alternate
33 backend, merge tool
34 --
35 Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>