From: Rabi Shanker Guha <guha.rabishankar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] netifrc on systemd: Weekly Report #2
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 16:16:54
1 Hello,
2
3 This week I made progress with the compatibility layer which is the basis
4 for running netifrc on non OpenRC systems.
5
6 Detailed Report
7 ============
8 - Discussed the design further with @robbat2 and decided to remove e*
9 functions from functions.sh and instead add gentoo-functions as a dependency
10 - Changed the build process to include the new files and tested it locally.
11 Subsequently fixed the errors that I could I find.
12 - Updated the ebuild (maintained at
13 https://github.com/rabisg/gentoo-overlay/tree/master/net-misc/netifrc) and
14 added a systemd service file (To be tested)
15
16 Started with the compatibility layer:
17 - Discussed the semantics of service_set_value and service_get_value at
18 #openrc and also had a peek at openrc's codebase.
19 - Finally decided that the best way to implement it using files in
20 /run/netifrc similar to what is done by openrc
21
22 Source: https://github.com/gentoo/netifrc-systemd/
23
24 Next week I plan to work on mimicing the stateful nature of OpenRC
25 runscripts
26 which is one of the most important part of this project. Once that is done,
27 I would be able to test the code on Systemd.
30 Regards,
31 Rabi