From: wiktor w brodlo <wiktor@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo Anaconda Weekly Report: 2011-07-30
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 03:49:52
1 Dear Gentooers!
2
3 *Intro*
4
5 Gentoo Anaconda is a fork of Sabayon Anaconda which is a fork of
6 Fedora/Red Hat Anaconda. Anaconda is an installer for Linux disros,
7 originally for Fedora/RH but now it's distro-independent and many
8 other distros use it as their installer. Sabayon is a binary distro
9 based on Gentoo.
10
11 * Progress so far *
12 The tree view mirror selection is implemented, and the packages are
13 upgraded to the newest features. I've also managed to cook a LiveDVD
14 with Anaconda on it, but it had some issues, so I'll redo it. There
15 should be a new LiveDVD by Monday morning, and if it proves to be
16 working correctly, I will post it here.
17
18 * Coming up next *
19 Thanks to the installer having a nice banner and a link to the
20 chapter, the area the screens can use has shrunk a little bit. Some
21 screens look a bit off and need to be fixed. There are also some
22 issues with the newer versions of packages that need to be ironed out
23 but nothing fatal (like a change of USE flags, a new dependency etc. –
24 general ebuild maintenance). I will also finally implement validation.
25
26 Have fun!
27 ~ wiktor.