From: Devan Franchini <oot153@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [Report 3] layman improvements
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 00:36:00
1 Hello everyone!
2
3 This week, the following has been accomplished:
4
5 1.) Preparations for a new release have been made:
6 * Code has been refined and cleaned up in preparation
7 for this release.
8 * Changes to layman's man page and layman.cfg have
9 been made to reflect the changes being implemented.
10 2.) Changes to the repository.dtd have been made:
11 * With these changes, the following can be done:
12 - IRC channel information can be added to an overlay.
13 - overlays can specify a branch that they sync from.
14 3.) Along with these changes I am in the process of adding
15 branch support for git and other overlay types that allow
16 it.
17
18 Goals for next week:
19
20 * Continue refining all code + commits.
21 * Get the .dtd patch I created applied to the proper repo.
22 * Finish adding overlay branch support.
23 * Prepare for a new layman release (may be in the same week).
24
25 To anyone interested the source code and my commits can be found on
26 git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/[1][1] or on github.com[2] on layman's
27 gsoc2014 branch.
28
29 [1]http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/layman.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/gsoc2014
30 [1][1] Because my main computer has been down I haven't been able to
31 push the commits to this repo.
32 [2]https://github.com/twitch153/layman/tree/gsoc2014
33
34 Best of luck to everyone on their projects.
35
36 With regards,
37 Devan Franchini (twitch153)