From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jpiatlicki@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Framework for automated ebuild generators: weekly report #8
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 22:42:06
1 Hi all,
2
3 summary
4 ~~~~~~~
5
6 I'm working on `Framework for automated ebuild generators [1]. My mentor
7 is Rafael Martins. The aim of this project is to facilitate creation of
8 ebuild-generators for 3d party software providers. For those interested
9 in the advance of a project there is a Kanban board [2] and a
10 git-repository with code [3].
11
12 week #6
13 ~~~~~~~
14
15 Status: behind the schedule.
16
17 I worked on PyPI this week. I've written a database generation tool. At
18 the moment there is a problem with memory leak (it seems
19 dev-python/beautifulsoup causes it).
20
21 I've found two possible solutions:
22 - use decompose function (that remove circular references problem) on
23 exit from function
24 - use other HTML-parsing library )
25
26 I'm testing the first one now.
27
28 Plans:
29
30 - paludis integration is still actual
31 - PyPI (the priority task at the moment)
32 - better configuration and more CLI options
33 - choose the next 3rd party software provider for which I'll implement
34 backend (any suggestions are appreciated. Say, what do you need ;-) )
37 [1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2013/jauhien/17001
38
39 [2]
40 https://trello.com/board/framework-for-automated-ebuild-generators/51ad0f829c32858e72000c5f