List Archive: gentoo-soc
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Short summary: PMS Test Suite is a suite of tools and a test library
to test any of the Gentoo Package Managers for compliance against
the Package Manager Specification.
The project is basically running on schedule, though docs are getting
a little delayed.
New technical details:
- cloning of most of the test class properties to simplify mangling
them in test instances,
- _finalize() function for tests to do final modifications to test
objects (like adding inherited phase func calls when a particular
phase func is provided),
- ebuild DESCRIPTIONs are generated from docstrings now,
- a revised PackageManager API with delayed (transactional) package
merge and unmerge support,
- a revised TestCase API which calls pm.merge()/.unmerge() directly (to
give tests more control, like over unmerging test dependencies in
New use details:
- fixed runtime environment issues with portage,
- added tests for dependency resolution (with a succeeding and failing
- exceptions raised in main loop callbacks don't cause the program
Next week should bring:
- docs explaining particular tests,
- hopefully, paludis support,
- next tests.