List Archive: gentoo-soc
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
On 19-03-2011 20:21:30 +0000, Александр Берсенев wrote:
> my name is Alexander Besenev, 21. I am russian Computer Science
> I have an idea on future GSoC 2011. It is described here:
> http://alexbers.dyndns.org/gsoc/ .
> I hope to find a mentor, who will be interested with this idea.
I quickly glanced over your proposal. Here are some questions:
- how often is "often" in "on unstable branch compiling often fails
- have you looked into the preseved-libs feature of Portage-2.2? you may
want to at least refer to it in your proposal
- why are files accessed during a build important for the end-product?
- where do you intent to run this dependency builder (or by who)?
- why is "Autodetecting a compatible versions of libs" a problem at all?
do you want to go further than assuming the soname of the shared
library identifies compatability? (I think that should be a separate
- what benefit does a nosql "database" give you in your proposal?
- can you make rough estimations of the storage space necessary on the
Gentoo on a different level