From: "David F. Newman" <dnewman@×××××.com>
To: Josh Grebe <squash@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] sparc64 userland
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:26:08
1 No, I have no reason aside from pure geek value. I was under the,
2 probably false, impression that sparc64 executables could move data
3 around faster. i.e. doubles could be loaded in fewer clock cycles. So
4 I have 2 questions that maybe you can answer,
5
6 1) Is the only advantage to a sparc64 executable access to memory larger
7 than 2G per process?
8 2) Assuming yes to question 1, then what is with the hype with 64bit
9 processors?
10