From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Java Support on Sparc plattform.
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:18:29
1 On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 22:04 +0100, harald wrote:
2 > Hello Andrew,
3 >
4 > thank´s for your very quick answer.
5 > i don´t know exactly what exactly gentoo foundation and its developers
6 > do. there are a several java sources available for sparc plattform. sun
7 > has binaries for solaris. is it possible to install/transform these
8 > binaries for gentoo? there are a lot of sources available from sun.
9 > would it be possible to install/compile these sources on my machine?
10 > would it be possible for gentoo to generate emerge packages with these
11 > sources?
12
13 Don't know. What you should do is open a bug against sparc requesting
14 that the sources you are interested be wrapped in an ebuild which would
15 support a version of java which would be acceptable to you. If you
16 generate a bug like that, someone --- maybe me --- would at least look
17 at it.
18
19 > I knew about blackdown java for sparc, these are unstable and do not
20 > support all official sun java features.
21
22 Don't pursue blackdown; sun's product seems to be superior.
25 Regards,
26 Ferris
29 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
30 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc)