From: Aggelos <marmango@××××××××.gr>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] emerging of silo fails
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:36:35
1 on 09/20/2007 07:53 PM Aaron Mavrinac wrote the following:
2 > I ran into this problem some time ago on my Ultra 10 running a 2.4
3 > kernel/profile. I didn't keep any notes, so I'm not 100% sure about
4 > this, but if I recall I came to the conclusion that the 2.4 headers
5 > were the problem and there was just no mask in the 2.4 profile to
6 > prevent the newer, incompatible silo version from emerging. Since the
7 > old one worked fine I just masked all newer versions manually and let
8 > it be.
11 I did the same:
12 I masked silo-1.4.13-r1 and tried silo-1.4.13 and it compiled just fine ;-)
13
14 Thanks.
15 Aggelos.
16 --