From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
To: "'gentoo-sparc@lists.gentoo.org '" <gentoo-sparc@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] ALSA support on sparc
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:34:20
Keith M Wesolowski writes:
> What part of the word "Excluding" is unclear? If ultra1 is not in > USE, the patch is excluded, meaning not applied. Since the patch is > only for U1E systems, not applying it is the correct result.
Yeah, the coffee hadn't kicked in just yet. It's still before 10am here. :-) I tend to read things backwards before lunch, anyway. Keeps people on their toes. Anyhow, the build is done for 267-r16 $ time make all real 62m54.319s user 61m0.960s sys 3m9.060s maybe I should enable some parallel making, eh? kernel boots just fine. alsa sound appears to load correctly (fixed device name -- snd-sun- prefix) keyboard works now. yay! mouse is working, although because I disabled hotplug in the kernel, the sermouse module no longer auto-loads. d'oh! Hmmm. No sound out of the speaker -- alsamixer shows everything unmuted. mp3blaster "plays" my test mp3 (3:17) in about 15 seconds. curiouser and curiouser.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature