From: gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Unable to boot 2.6.16-hardened-r9 (weird error)
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 18:29:51

Hi all,

I'm trying to get an SELinux system up and running and not having much
success with the 2.6 kernel.  I had a bootable config, but didn't
record/backup the config after it worked, and it got borked when
trying to add SElinux features.  SILO sucks.  Anyway, now when I try
*ANY* 2.6 kernel, the boot fails with the error "YEEE, Ultrasparc sbus
not found".  Um, this is an Ultra5 with PCI/IDE, so why is the sbus
becoming an issue?  I've found the following two config options in the
kernel config:

CONFIG_SBUS=y
CONFIG_SBUSCHAR=y

....they seem to be automatically enabled, and don't show up in `make
menuconfig'.  (There are a couple more 'SBUS' options that are there,
but they aren't enabled.)  I've tried compiling/booting kernels
(2.6.16-gentoo-r11/2.6.17-gentoo-r1/2.6.16-hardened-r9) with *and*
without these options enabled, but I get the same error everytime.
So, what the heck?  What's causing this seemingly weird error?  How
can I find out whether the SBUS is *expected* and not found (in the
kernel and not the system), or *not expected* and found (on the system
and not in the kernel)?

TIA

- --
gentux
echo "hfouvyyAhnbjm/dpn" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'

gentux's gpg fingerprint ==> 5495 0388 67FF 0B89 1239  D840 4CF0 39E2
18D3 4A9E