From: Jason Williams <jason.b.williams@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Sparc <gentoo-sparc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] xorg device problems
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:40:37
Alright, I've posted this in the forum without response and I can't
seem to google anything useful. I have an U60 w/ two Creator3D cards;
I had these cards setup running xinerama just great about a year ago
when I had gentoo on this box the first time. However, now that I've
since reinstalled, xorg can't seem to differentiate the two cards. I'm
using the exact same configuration that worked a year ago. The
relevant part of my xorg.conf is:

Section "Device"
    Identifier   "Card0"
    Driver   "sunffb"
    BusID   "SBUS:fb0"
    VendorName   "Sun Microsystems"
    BoardName   "Sun|FFB2+ Vertical Creator 3d (ffb)"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier   "Card1"
    Driver   "sunffb"
    BusID   "SBUS:fb1"
    VendorName   "Sun Microsystems"
    BoardName   "Sun|FFB2+ Vertical Creator 3d (ffb)"
EndSection

This section of configuration generates the following errors in my log:

(II) SUNFFB: driver for Creator, Creator 3D and Elite 3D
(WW) SUNFFB: More than one matching Device section for instance
(BusID: Card0) found: SBUS:fb0
(WW) SUNFFB: No matching Device section for instance (BusID
SBUS:/SUNW,ffb@1d,0) found

A full listing of both of the latter files can be seen at
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-379687.html . Thanks in advance
to anyone who can shed any light onto what's going on here.

- jbw