From: Ronald Vincent Vazquez <rvazquez@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Help with Gentoo on E4500
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:34:26
Hamish wrote:
> 1. Give the password for root maintenance like it says, verify that > /dev/md0 > exists. Does devfs use the same name or does devfsd need to make the > symlink? > It is quite some time since I used devfs(d) so I don't remember the > nomenclature for md devices off the top of my head. Or perhaps some other > devfs related problem? > 2. Are the md partitions marked "autoraid" as partition type in the > partition > table ? If yes then the kernel can initialise the array, if not then you > need > to use the mdadm tools to initialise the array at boot, that might be why > the > mdadm init script is failing, because the config file is empty or invalid. > 3. the failure of the mdadm script is causing the root fsck to fail for > some > reason? > > You might have checked some of these, I don't know that from reading your > post > and I haven't read your original post just voicing the concerns I saw from > your most recent post. > > hamish > > -- > gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list >
Hello Hamish: I tracked it down to the script checkroot. The command fsck returns 8 (Operational error) while checking the file system (/dev/md0). I did an ugly hack just to boot the machine. I hard coded (retval=0) just to start the machine and it does. Now, how do I fix this issue of (fsck /dev/md0) returning 8 as supposed to 0? Thanks again, ///////////////////////////////////////////////// Ronald Vincent Vazquez Senior Unix Systems Administrator Senior Network Manager Christ Tabernacle Church Ministries http://www.ctcministries.org (301) 540-9394 Home (240) 401-9192 Cell For web hosting solutions, please visit: http://www.spherenix.com/ -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list