From: "David S. Miller" <davem@××××××.com>
To: squash@g.o
Cc: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] 2.6 kernel and docs
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 04:36:45
From: Josh Grebe <squash@g.o>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 23:32:26 -0500

> 2.6.5 is the first kernel that compiles for sparc64, and it > exhibits the same issue (I just tried starting from 2.6.1 > and worked my way up).
If you can work out the build failure in 2.6.1, it ought to be incredibly easy to fix, can you try getting it to build properly? Send me whatever error messages you get if you get stumped, and if it's matter of simply turning off a kernel config option that you don't need in order to avoid trying to build the uncompilable code in 2.6.1 just do that instead. We really need to figure out when and where this got introduced. I'm just stabbing in the dark otherwise. We can go back into the 2.5.x kernels and do a binary search as well if necessary. I'll try to help with that. Thanks. -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list