From: Josh Grebe <squash@g.o>
To: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Dueling ebuilds?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:53:02
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 I'd just like to chime in real quick... I've written a short bash script
5 that has proven to be pretty good at crashing my SMP/SCI boxes on 2.6,
6 it seems that UP/IDE systems are OK but I'm not sure which part of that
7 equation makes the difference. It is just a little script that copies
8 the portage tree around and tars/untars it. On my boxes, it always dies
9 on copying /usr/portage over (seperate disks) and I don't think I've
10 ever made it to 10 iterations.
11
12 Anyone who has time/ability please run this script and send me the
13 results and I'll tally them up, maybe someone can even get an OOPS.
14
15 Josh
16
17 Here is the script. I always clear out /usr/portage/distfiles before I
18 run it.
19
20 #!/bin/bash
21 mkdir /var/tmp/crash
22 cd /var/tmp/crash
23 X=0
24 while [ 1 ]
25 do
26 ~ echo -n "Copying /usr/portage to /var/tmp/crash "
27 ~ date
28 ~ mkdir portage
29 ~ cp -R /usr/portage/* portage/
30 ~ echo -n "Create tarfile "