From: Paul Heinlein <heinlein@××××××.com>
To: Gentoo Sparc List <gentoo-sparc@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] SOLVED: TCP connect() times out
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:07:57
The problem seems to have been that tcp congestion notification
(net.ipv4.tcp_ecn) had been turned on, which doesn't work and play
well with my internet connection. Turning it off got things working
again.

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that /etc/sysctl.conf was tweaked
when I emerged sys-apps/baselayout back on June 10. When I rebooted
the machine yesterday morning, it got a new ECN setting, which hosed
things.

Well, that blew a few hours of my time. Feh. :-)