From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] OT: From gentoo to Solaris
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 06:02:44
1 gentuxx wrote:
2 >
3 > I've tried this, except I think I used "bs=1024". Still no joy.
4
5 Drop the bs= and count= bits, and let dd overwrite the entire drive with 0's
6 until it runs out of space. Might take a few hours, so pop a movie into the DVD
7 player and kick back while dd wages a scorched earth campaign on the drive.
8
9 If Solaris refuses to work even after that, then it's broke, and it will just
10 further prove that Linux is superior, for t3h win.
13 --Kumba
16 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
17
18 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
19 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
20 --
21 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list