From: "Eduardo Dueñez" <eduenez@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Cc: cjr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Keyboard-related problems
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 18:14:06
1 Dear Chris:
2
3 Unfortunately I'm still stuck with the keyboard problem in my Ultra
4 10. I am starting to suspect this has to do more with a bug in KDE
5 and nothing with the xkb configuration through xorg.conf (by the way,
6 I don't have XFree but Xorg... that is what is in the GRP CD 2004-2
7 that I have. I have *not* compiled any software, much less
8 XFree/Xorg!).
9
10 Although my Sun keyboard is clearly labeled "Type 6", when I tried
11 using the rules per rules/sun.lst for a Type 6 the keymap was totally
12 messed up from the KDM login screen (I had to SSH remotely and shut
13 KDM down). However, when set up as a Type 5 with
14
15 Section "InputDevice"
16 Identifier "Keyboard 1"
17 Driver "keyboard"
18 Option "Autorepeat" "500 30"
19 Option "XkbRules" "sun"
20 Option "XkbModel" "type5"
21 Option "XkbLayout" "us"
22
23 things seem to work perfectly from KDM in the local console. Remote X
24 client applications work OK. But launching a KDE session from KDM
25 locally gives a 99+% functional keyboard, except that the lowercase
26 "b" does weird things. Weirdest of all, the key does work *sometimes*
27 in Mozilla's address bar!!! Other times it makes Mozilla crash. It
28 seems to work only immediately Mozilla's window is maximized and until
29 the window loses focus. The terminal, KEdit or other apps don't seem
30 to like the "b", except for the weird half-second lag.
31
32 Am I going insane or is this the weirdest bug ever?
33
34 Any help, insight or spiritual guidance would be much appreciated.
35
36 Eduardo
39 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list