From: freshy98 <freshy98@×××.net>
To: klaus@××××××××××.net
Cc: zhangweiwu@××××××.com, wesolows@××××××××.org, agaffney@g.o, gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] what ultrasparc compare likely such Pentium box on desktop performance
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:12:23
Just to give my input here...

I run a Ultra 60 dual 450MHz/4MB cache with 1GB of RAM (8*128MB) and two
Seagate Cheetah 18XL 18.2GB drives in RAID0.
The SCSI bus is only 40MB/s and a single drives can do about 33MB/s or a bit
faster (been a while since I last tested that).

The machine runs xorg-x11-6.8.0-r4 with gnome 2.8, xchat 2.4.0, Gaim 1.0.2
and FireFox 1.0 mainly.

What I would like to try is using my SUN dual channel scsi controller and
hooking up the two drives to that in RAID0. That should improve speed a lot
too.

Greetz,

freshy98