From: Joshua Szmajda <josh@××××.ws>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Software Compilation
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:01:45
1 You log in? I have a cron job.. ;)
2
3 Seriously though, Gentoo is amazing on my sparc. I'm just not looking
4 forward to the switchover to 2.6..
5
6 Gary wrote:
7
8 > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Paul Heinlein wrote:
9 >
10 >> Aside from the previously mentioned lockups with 2.6 kernels, Gentoo
11 >> Linux has for me been a far better working environment than any other
12 >> OS I've loaded on my SPARC: Solaris, Debian, and OpenBSD. It's stable
13 >> to the point of boring. :-)
16 > Isn't that the truth. I log in once a week (or sooner if a security
17 > advisory gets posted) and run an 'emerge sync' and 'emerge system'.
18 >
19 > *yawn*
20 >
21 > The SPARCs really love Gentoo, they just run and run and run...
22 >
23 > My next project will be move an e250 and an e450 to Gentoo... then
24 > those boxes will be boring too. :-)
27 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list