From: Andrew Ruef <munin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] SOLVED: TCP connect() times out
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:16:15
1 I believe he is speaking in terms of the legality of the RFC :-P
2
3 Andrew
4
5 -----Original Message-----
6 From: Paul Heinlein [mailto:heinlein@××××××.com]
7 Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2005 6:06 PM
8 To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
9 Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] SOLVED: TCP connect() times out
10
11 On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, David S. Miller wrote:
12
13 > You should inform the person running the firewall in between your
14 > two systems to get their stuff fixed. Silently dropping packets
15 > with the TCP ECN bits set is illegal.
16
17 OK. I'll bite. Can you provide me a pointer that spells out the
18 legal[1] ramifications of dropping ECN bits?
19
20 -- Paul Heinlein <heinlein@××××××.com>
21
22 [1] Legal in the sense of criminal or civil code, not in the sense of
23 RFC 3360.
24 --
25 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list
29 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list