From: Nic le Roux <nicl@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Software Compilation
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:51:39
Good Moring,

I've been tasked to gather some info on Using a Sparc 450 for setting up
network monitoring tools.
These will include Nagios, MRTG, RRDtool, Ntop and Apache as the web
front-end.

Has anyone here used these packages with success on Gentoo ?
I'm a Mandrake user and have no experience with Sparc machines.
I unfortunately also do not have a Machine to test with.

Is there any Major hiccups that I can encounter ?

The biggest worry that I have is I need to connect a GSM modem to the
machine via serial port in order to send sms's

Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks and Regards
Nic