From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gwn-feedback@g.o
Cc: Christina Fullam <musikc@g.o>, Gentoo Sparc <gentoo-sparc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] GWN "Want ad" for sparc architecture testers
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:43:44
Chrissie,
  Here is the ad we have in the forums for sparc ATs.  I think it covers
almost everything.
=======================================
Recently sparc instituted a Sparc AT (architecture testing) subproject
to help with the general testing process associated with the normal bug
fixing and package upgrade process. This subproject currently has three
members and is proving to be quite successful. Consequently, we would
like to expand the AT team to provide more coverage. While no specific
hardware is required (other than a sparc64 system, of course), nor any
specific application, we are especially interested in expanding the
capability to test:

      * Sound applications on sparc;
      * KDE/Gnome;
      * Server applications (mail servers, name servers, apache, and so
        on).

The general requirements are sparc hardware, demonstration of some sparc
experience, and enthusiasm. In becoming an AT, you will go through a
mentoring process, and at the end will successfully complete Gentoo's
ebuild quiz, which is here:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/quiz/ebuild-quiz.txt

If you are interested, please review the sparc AT documentation here
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/sparc/at/ then contact either
jmbsvicetto@g.o or fmccor@g.o for further information and
processing. Note that if you are interested in becoming a sparc
developer, the path AT --> developer is not only reasonable but also
encouraged.

Questions or comments are of course welcome.
--
Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc)