From: Jim Watson <jim@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] OpenOffice 2.3.0 on SPARC
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:12:26
pyuno builds Ok here with the upstream sources on sparc. I think gentoo use the ooobuild system? This uses patches to the upstream sources. http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/ooo-build/trunk/patches/src680/ Searching at OOo and debian suggests this might be relevant: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=441380 Have you got that patch applied: ooo80816.selinux.bridges if so, remove the patch and rebuild and deliver module bridges. then try pyuno again this is how to rebuild a module upstream - hopefully it works for you: $ cd /var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.3.0/work/ooo/build/OOG680_m5 $ source LinuxSparcEnv.Set.sh $ cd bridges $ rm -rf unxlngs.pro $ build $ deliver $ cd ../pyuno $ rm -rf unxlngs.pro $ build $ deliver Now restart the build. there should not be any need to clean. Plan B: If it fails without that patch, try and get a backtrace in pyuno Source the environment as above and copy the failed commands Except use regcomp.bin in place of regcomp $ cd pyuno $ cd unxlngs.pro/lib $ gdb --args regcomp.bin -register -r pyuno_services.tmp -c \ typeconverter.uno -c invocation.uno -c reflection.uno -c \ introspection.uno -c invocadapt.uno -c proxyfac.uno -c \ pythonloader.uno jim -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list