From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: Thomas Capricelli <orzel@×××××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Cannot emerge nmap!
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:26:27
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 18:20:43 +0200 (CEST) Thomas Capricelli
<orzel@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
| > | from: http://www.freehackers.org/gentoo/gccflags/flag_gcc3.html.
| >
| > Hm, maybe we should ask 'em to get it fixed, eh?
|
| 	sure. What should i put there then ??
| 	only CHOST="sparc-unknown-linux-gnu" ??
| 	or is there some gentoo with 64-bit toolchain as well ? what is
| the default for gentoo sparc ? (32 bits i guess from what you say ?)

Well, we run 32bit for the userland for performance reasons, but we've
also got a 64bit toolchain installed on sparc64 kit because we need it
to build the kernel. For Gentoo, make.conf should *always* have CHOST
set to sparc-unknown-linux-gnu or stuff won't build.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm