From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: spyderous@g.o
Cc: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o, x11@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Modular X testing on sparc
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:17:54
With x11-base/xorg-server-0.99.1-r5, the missing sparc-specific source
files are no longer missing, and one build cycle runs successfully.

However, suppose that you want to build it more than once, and suppose
you are using the 'eselect opengl ...' version of opengl-update:
x11-base/opengl-update-3.0.0.  Then, the symbolic
links /usr/include/GL/gl.h -> /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/include/gl.h etc.
(all but 2 of the 7 required) disappear, and a second build of
xorg-server fails with "cannot include GL/glxproto.h - type messages.

In other words, the header files provided by the glproto and mesa
packages are not available to xorg-server when it builds (nor to
anything else which expects them to be in /usr/include/GL...).

eselect-opengl establishes glext.h, glxext.h, but I cannot find how the
rest of the GL/... headers are supposed to get setup.

If you create the links by hand, everything seems to build fine. (But
after each build or xorg-server, if you want to rebuild for some reason,
you need to reestablish the links, because the opengl-update helpfully
removes them.)

At least, this is the case on my system, and as I mentioned previously,
everything is happening in a chroot environment where in theory, the
only X11 installed comes from X modular.
--
Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Devrel)