From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] wired kbd problem on ultra 5
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:17:08
1 Okay, I already spend 2 hours on this tiny problem. A wast of time. I
2 could not manage to get the keyboard (comes with Ultra5) working
3 correctly on Xorg.
4
5 The closest configuration to working is (from /etc/X11/xorg.conf)
6 Section "InputDevice"
7 Identifier "Keyboard0"
8 Option "XkbModel" "sun"
9 Option "XkbRules" "sun"
10 Option "XkbLayout" "sun/us"
11 Driver "kbd"
12 EndSection
13
14 In this configuration, these keys does not work:
15 j,k,l,;,',z,x,c,v,b,n,m,,,.,/
16 (separate by comma)
17 Also Enter and Shifts does not work (pressed is like not pressed,
18 nothing happens)
19
20 The other keys are working. However, on console all the keys are working
21 correctly.
22
23 I googled around without luck: people never mention this kind of problem
24 that keyboard works partially. Anyone give me a hint?
27 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list