From: Paul Heinlein <heinlein@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] TCP connect() times out
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 07:42:27
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, Andrew Ruef wrote:

> I had a similar problem on 2.4, I was unable to initiate any TCP > connections from the local host to the local host... never figured > out what it was (upgraded to 2.6).
TCP over loopback works fine. TCP to LAN hosts works fine. UDP and ICMP to any hosts works fine. Inbound TCP from anywhere works fine. It's only routed (non-LAN) outbound TCP that's the problem -- and only from the problem host; all my other machines on the same LAN are still in good shape. I ran tcpdump on the problem host and saw only SYNs being sent. I ran tcpdump on the target host and never saw the inbound packets. There are no iptables rules; it's ACCEPT across the board. Ordinarily, I'd look for routing problems, but routing would also affect UDP and ICMP, right? -- Paul Heinlein <heinlein@××××××.com> -- gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list