From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@×××.com>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-sparc] SPARC sysfs dev eth flags vs. ethtool
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 19:38:16
1 Seems quiet, so I'll through this out:
2
3 trying to remotely troubleshoot an ethernet link issue, and have come
4 across an issue
5 where my sbus happy-meal quad card is reporting a link-state of up, even
6 with no
7 network cable plugged in.
8
9 Also, the net 'state' always stays unknown, even on the primary link
10 that is up/up and working.
11
12 granted, all of this is from the sysfs point of view.
13
14 Using ethtool, however, the status appears to be correct; not quite sure
15 why the two sides of the coin
16 are out of sync....
19 anyway, not a big problem, just a 2cents...