From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
Cc: freshy98 <freshy98@×××.net>, gentoo-sparc@l.g.o, ___ ______ <spacenet@×××××××.cn>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] stupid! I booked an U2 box only to find my monitor won't plug-in
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:32:58
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:27:33 +0800 Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
wrote:
| I am feeling stupid again. I do not know about Sync-On-Green and
| didn't find it on my monitor handbook. I have a typical ViewSonic LCD,
| is it likely Sync-On-Green-able?

If it's an LCD, chances are it'll work. Some old CRTs have problems.
Note that the monitor will also have to support one of the whacko sun
resolutions if you have certain kinds of framebuffers, although chances
are if it's a UPA it's an afb or ffb which are both reasonably sane...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm